Re: Ansified XyWrite in full screen mode and CLIP

At 01:00 AM 6/10/2007, Harry Binswanger wrote:
Thanks, I just found the problem which may be of interest to other TAME users: I had locked the aspect ratio. That's under View/Options. Once I unchecked "Keep Aspect Ratio" I found I could adjust all the fonts. Unfortunately, the proprotional fonts don't come out to well. It's as if there were *really* bad kerning. I'll just stick with Lucida Console.
That tip, as I recall, is buried somewhere in the documentation. And
I use proportional fonts in TAME every day. It's the mono-spaced
fonts that seem to have exaggerated kerning.

Here are some settings to experiment with:
(I operate in a full window)
Under View/Options, always uncheck *Keep Aspect Ratio*
Check Line Draw Check Style (I have no idea why, but it works)
Check Show All Fonts

Play with the line spacing setting: Try Winkey +2 as a start
Screen layout setting should match your SL setting in XY. I use 25 lines
Check *Move Windows to Keep On Screen*
Perhaps, if more folks start using and testing TAME, we can come up with our own small manual, at least for the screen settings. I find I have to re-learn them all the time because once my screen is set, I don't touch it...for months.

Michael Norman
mn