Re: Running xywrite in Windows 95

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Wed, 7 Apr 1999 01:55:10 -0400 (EDT)

> To lose a key
> limits my flexibility, and since the Pause key has almost NO purpose when
> working in Xywrite why not reprogram it to something more functionable?

Probably Win95 reserves the key for its own purposes, like breaking out of a
hung process. If you're using Xy4+, run "scan", and try all the
Alt/Ctrl/Shift/whatever combinations -- the fact that unshifted doesn't work has no
bearing on whether Alt-Pause works, or Ctrl-Pause. Put your macro on that key.

If you're running Xy3+, I forget whether it reads scan codes or not, but anyway you
can just load a dummy KBD file with a full set of keys for all of your shifting
TABLEs, i.e. 1=ES
2=BC,2
3=BC,3
90=BC,9,0
105=BC,1,0,5 (for the mouse)

and repeat this for each TABLE. Then see what responds and what doesn't.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx