re: PDF to Text - was USB printers Again

Here is something highly useful that I discovered last night while looking
at some material on the WTO.

Adobe PDF Conversion
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/access_simple_form.html
The advanced page is even more useful (as I discovered).

This will convert any PDF page you find on the *web* into a HTML page simply
by putting in the URL of the page you want to convert. The advantage is that
you can copy and paste material or reformat material etc etc in HTML which
is not possible unless one has the reasonably pricey full version of Adobe
(Acrobat???). HTML pages are easier to search and at least on my older
machine faster to load. Sometime easier to print etc. If the file is
password locked there is a field for you to supply it to be unlocked. The
Google search engine will also convert most PDF pages to HTML.

http://www.itzalist.com/web/pdf-personal-document-format.html is a jump
station to PDF issues.

Elcomsoft www.elcomsoft.com makes a completely effective Adobe password
unlocker for not too many dollars. Some of you will remember that the State
department ??? arested and detained one of the companies programers in the
U.S. for some months when he pointed out flaws in Adobe passwords management
while presenting a paper at a conference on security in the U.S. thereby
apparently breaking the despicable DMCA. There is no love lost beteween
ElcomSoft and Adobe and you can bet your last dollar that their program
works entirely as advertised.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail.php3?fid=989582900
Advanced PDF Password Recovery Pro 2.12
http://fileforum.betanews.com/download.php?fid=989582900
Author: ElcomSoft Co.Ltd.
Program Type: Shareware

Advanced PDF Password Recovery Pro is a program to decrypt protected Adobe
Acrobat PDF files, which have "owner" password set, preventing the file from
editing, printing, selecting text and graphics, adding/changing annotations
and form fields. Decryption is being done instantly. Decrypted file can be
opened in any PDF viewer without any restrictions.

http://www.elcomsoft.com/apdfpr.html