Re: DISPLAYWRITE (AKA XYWRITE IV)

Well, I'm in a royal funk over all of this!

I have waited for over a year now for XyWrite IV. I've watched as other word
processors (Nerd Perfect, et. al.) continue to release new versions. Through it
all, I've clung to my old favorite because it still does best what I need it to
do.

However, I've gotten rather frustrated by XyQuest's action (or IN-action) on
this whole thing. Xy IV keeps getting pushed back, no word on beta testers, no
word on upgrade costs, auto-replace gets trashed, etc, etc, etc. Now it appears
that Big Blue has come in and gobbled everything up. I hope that XyQuest will
remain an independent entity, and that it will be around to support us users.
But I really HATE the thought of having to deal with an IBM-logo program.

What REALLY frosts me more than anything else is that I just shelled out $50.00
for two copies of the new version of Word for Word for XyWrite!!!!! Now it
appears that the XyWrite IV or whatever the heck it's called will have Word For
Word included! XyQuest MUST have known about all of this when they sent out the
promotional material!!!! Or could it be that XyWrite is in fact dead after
Version 3.56, and what we will see is Wysiwrite or Displaywrite VI or some
other NON-XyQuest program?

I guess I'll just have to go have a donut and chill out.

Steve