Re: XyWrite DOSBox MAC

This business of where Macs and their applications put things is a
puzzlement. I had decided to map the computer's directories but then I
thought that maybe I should forget the whole thing and build down from my
home directory. Let Mac do what it wants above that and I will do what I
want in the directories I create. Still working on it.
But, a question for those emulating DOS in Mac: what does the XyWrite tree
command report?
Well, mixed results with DOSBox Radnor.
I got it to load, sort of. Clicking on the Radnor icon drops me into a C: prompt. If I get to the right directory and load EDITOR.EXE, I do get a very slow Xy.
However, it can't find the programs (and other files) it needs to operate.
I can find these files with the dir command, but can't load them with the
ldpm command (even when done manually).
There's clearly some sort of confusion about what DOSBox considers its
C:\xy directory--it's not the same thing as what the Command Line in Xy
shows as being C:\xy. I'll work on it.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx

Bob Molyneux