Can v. 112 of Jumbo U2 Crash OS/2 ?

This is more for Carl or Robert.

I just got around to installing the latest Jumbo U2. Xy 4.018 lives
in a shared DOS app.s partition, where it can be run by various opsys
partitions. First, it should be noted that over the years I have
**very rarely** experienced Traps (an opsys crash + register dump,
more or less equivalent to the "Blue Screen of Death" in Win), in
_any_ version of OS/2. Stability there has just not been a problem.

 I'm in the early stages of setting up my new ECS partition. So far,
there are only a few app.s or utilities installed there. After
putting in the new U2, I've been getting some bad Traps, usually on
the 2nd. occasion that I invoke Xy from the desktop object. Examples:

Trap 000e   System detected an internal processing error at location
________
{etc. etc.)   System is stopped.

Trap 0006   Exception in module CCSTATLN

Trap 000e   Exception in module OS2KRNL

I did not write down or compare all the register info, but the address
info is consistent.
I'm inclined to rule out the new U2 being the *sole* culprit, because
XyDOS + the new U2 are not yielding this result in the Warp 4 or WSEB
partitions. But it could involve an interaction with something else.
Running this down is going to be difficult. I will steadily comment
out or disable the last few items installed into ECS, and see if I can
pinpoint the cause. Removing a screensaver program made no
difference. (I can also temporarily reinstate the prior U2 version,
to see if that changes anything.) Xy had been running fine for me in
ECS for about 3 weeks, before this started happening.

Maybe something is getting stepped on in some critical memory area ?
If you guys have any ideas about this, I'd certainly welcome them.

Jordan