Re: Highlighting a line

At 12:04 PM 3/20/97 EST, you wrote:
>** Reply to note from jbesser@xxxxxxxx Thu, 20 Mar 97 10:05:05 +0000
> A question for the list:
> Is there a way to set XyWrite/Dos to highlight the line the cursor is on?
>Some editors--Qedit, for example--do this by default. It would be
>useful to me,
> since I use a VGA gray scale monitor, and finding the
>cursor is often a
> chore.

Here's a radical suggestion:
  why not just start a DeFine (f1 key in Xy3)? As you type, the cursor will
always be at the end of the whole defined block. If you've set your DeFine
mode to be clearly visible, it should solve the problem without any
programming. Plus, when you want to actually define a block, you just cancel
the define the usual way (f3 key in Xy3) and proceed with your normal
block-defining.

  To change the display of defined text, change the default DD=n. You can
experiment "interactively" with different values of "n" by issuing the command:
    d dd=1
then defining some text, then trying
    d dd=2
then other values (try some of the numbers above 100 too).

Regards,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx