Re: Off topic... WhatFormat tool

≪Are you willing to share copies of the tool, or least tell us where we
can get it?≫
The tool is called WhatFormat. I have a ten-year old version 2.0a,
freeware for noncommercial users. Anyone who wants it, contact me
off-list and I'll upload it to you.
It requires no installation, and makes no changes to the registry. Just
double click the .exe file. It will auto-detect programs installed on
your hardisk and associate known file types with them. Even unknown file
types will be displayed, however, and you can peer into the headers and
come to your own conclusions. Indispensable for network admins (we get
the oddest email attachments on the corporate LAN).
There was newer, pay-for version (2.3); it offered buzzers and bells,
but not more functionality. (Where have we heard that dirge before?)