xyshell and win 98

  I believe I have correctly downloaded the runtime version of Rexx and in
the Progra~1 directory included the appropirate files from Newshell, but I
am at a loss to what to do with the path command (set path =).
  I in addition have assigned keys for NOJM2,.,g,o,2,q2 and also to
create a clipboard key. But at present nothing seems to be happening
What futher steps do I have to do, to make things happen. In the meanwhile I
will be studying the documentation I printed out. I appears that I do not
have to worry about xyos2shl.doc.