Re: Please use an indicative subject line

Robert Holmgren wrote:
IRRC? If Robert Remembers Correctly?
Whoops! Lapsus digiti. Aut fortasse clavis. {"Slip of
the finger. Or perhaps of the key," to any lack-Latins
reading this; playing on the saying Lapsus linguae,
slip of the tongue.)
Yes, threads are important. But you can
change the Subject line at will and remain "in thread", because all that
matters is that you specifically "Reply To" a preceding message. Every Emailer
encodes the msg ID[s] of the message[s] to which it is "Replying", and these
are sent as part of the reply's "header" (take a look sometime).
I suspected that. Is there any way one can re-create
that by brute force later? I sometimes copy a post to
my Xy log (one file for each month), delete the post
from my e-mail app, and then think of something I want
to say. I copy and paste the subject line and snippets
of the previous post into the reply, but I don't see
any way to get the Message ID (which I've been saving)
into the reply. Tbird doesn't seem to let you get at
that part of the message you're composing. I have
discovered that deleted messages are kept in the trash
bin, so lately I've been replying from there, and hope
that's keeping the thread alive.

> (I like order -- but I also like disorder.
Oh, so you're like...who was it? Emerson? With that tag about consistency being the hobgoblin of small minds?

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx