Re: NB 8 (Trial version)

My experiences with NB8 have been relatively satisfactory up to now. I
can get a screen practically as comfortable as my XyWrite4 screen (I use
Windows windowed mode). Keep in mind that I am using customized fonts
for my screen, carefully designed according to my preferences, and in
pale blue on black. In NB8 I can manage very freely the draft font size
to get a higher number of lines.
Anyhow, I have already discovered a couple of bugs: one has been
described by Robert. The other one is like this: I mainly use Expanded
or Draft Mode. If I am writing in draft mode, I can see markers for
spaces between words and carriage returns. But, as soon as I write an
accented vowel, the markers for spaces and CRs disappear.
Moreover: NB8 is completely compatible with ansified XyWrite, the
version (due to Robert's ingenuity) I use for my daily work. I'll
continue to test because I have a really good feeling but the 250 bucks
are really discouraging. The only reason to pay them is to support
further development of XyWrite...
Manuel Castelao