Re Need advice re a new laser printer

Fredric Gross wrote: " Every time I changed my font, my margins moved."
Aha! But, as I pointed out yesterday (and sorry for sending that file to
the whole list; I meant to send it to Eric off list) fonts are indeed the
sticky wicket. HP has changed the built-in native fonts in its printers
over time; but the old XyW drivers are expecting the fonts in the LJ 3 or
4 (the last, IIRC, for which TTG wrote drivers)--and their font widths.
Isn't there a treatise on font widths on the XyWWWeb site? Cannot search
now; the taxman cometh and my tax software is as buggy as all get out.
Patricia