Re: PostScript de faqto [was "Re: `Kerning?'"]

   I've been following this long thread, with only desultory interest,
until it occurred to me reading Robert Holmgren's latest contribution that I
bought Xy4Win hoping that it would serve as a complete text management
program, including desktop publishing, and so far haven't done more than the
most basic DTP work with it.
   Meanwhile I have kept an old copy of Xerox Ventura Publisher on my HD
for when I want to do complex pages that look good. It deals with all the
problems that have been preoccupying the Kerning thread posters, easily and
superbly.
   I have a lot left to learn about XyWrite, but it makes me wonder -- are
y'all trying to drive a nail with a screwdriver? Wouldn't a tried and true
DTP program like the last DOS version of XVP be an easier, softer way to go?
Lee Hickling
hickling@xxxxxxxx