RE: A quick question

Apparently the characters you type are just kept in memory until they are
committed by Shift+F1. On second thought, keeping the notes in a separate
file could be dangerous. When it's a case of stripping them FROM the main
file, one can wait and do that last. But unless you entered your notes
last (and I cannot imagine doing that), you run the risk of having the
notes get separated from their proper text reference and order (it
happens anyway when people use software other than Xy).
	A better approach might be to redefine whatever keys it is that you're
hitting, to perhaps include a popup window that asks "Are you sure you
want to abandon operations?" or something like that. But if Chris is
right about Ctrl N, you're already getting that. How about this: Create a
second file, open it in an adjacent window, write your note there, then,
when you're finished, CUT to the clipboard, switch to the main file, open
a note, paste from clipboard, and close. (In fact, here's a routine to do
just that. I used AS (alternate screen); you should be sure the two
windows are adjacent, or else always open them in specific-numbered
windows and change AS to a specific window number.

XPLeNCODE v2.0
b-gin [UNTITLED]
[TF_][DF_][BF_][DF_][NO_][JM_](Cut)[NO_][AS_][BC_]FN1[255+048
+068][NO_][UN_][YD_][XD_]
-nd
XPLeNCODE

You'd just have to remember to WRITE your notes first in the adjacent
file, not directly in the Notes feature of Xy. Or did Harry solve this
with a post that I didn't get in the digest? Something about UD FN (which
I'm going to look up right now).
	Yes, there is an autosave feature. Use it all the time, since back three
PCs ago I used to get repeated lockups in Xy (conflict with an ISA VGA
card; disappeared when I upgraded to PCI)
Patricia