Re Ellipsis Points, Part II

I should agree with everything George says, with one possible exception.
The rule about double-spacing everything comes from the days when copy
was edited and copy edited on a paper printout. You need the extra space
between lines there to put in your corrections. If this is going to be
edited electronically (or even, quelle horreur, not edited at all),
there's no need to kill all those trees and print it double-spaced.
The best way to clean all that redundant formatting out of a Word doc is
to save it as RTF, convert the RTF to XyWrite with the Hungarian
filters, and run CIs on all the ≪SZ12pt≫≪LM15di≫ and the like codes
that will show up, changing them to // (nothing). But I take it this
poor soul doesn't have Xy. One could try defining the whole megillah (or
large blocks thereof) copying (Ctrl-C), then open a new doc and
Edit->Paste Special->Unformatted text. Of course, you loose all
formatting that way, so if you have any itals or bold or bulleted lists,
that wouldn't work. There is probably a way to edit your styles and then
apply them to the pars in question, but loathing Word as I do, I've
never delved into its mysteries.

Patricia M. Godfrey