Re: keyboards

" ** Reply to note from ML Solla  Fri, 21 Feb 97 01:27:21 +0000
" > Just curious - (Never hear about Northgate nowadays)
" > How many of you out there use a Northgate keyboard?
"  ========
" My only experience with a Northgate was long ago, and brief. As I
" recall, it was a very loud, "clicky" keyboard, and I intensely dislike
" clickety keys. Until recently, my console of choice was the German-made
" Cherry G80-1000, which has an easy action and makes a pleasantly soft,
" "clacking" sound.
"
" In November, though, I discovered the KeyTronic Lifetime Series (made in
" the USA). This is far and away the best keyboard I've ever used.
" Extremely sturdy and well-made. It has a luxuriously padded action -- the
" keys evidently sit on some sort of rubber cushion --
" --------------
" Carl Distefano  * * *
-----------------------
	Fujitsu 4700 here. I was spoiled by the positive detent
	of the IBM selectric and the Exidy Sorcerer computer and
	have always dragged the current keyboard to the store to
	to get the same feel in comparison.
	 No clicky here. Nor mouse--you can run the OS/2 as
	keyboard combinations and I rarely lookup. Voice control
	on the Pentium Pro with OS/2 is still slower than flickers
	of the keyboard. Using XY3plus (to get back to topic) and
	its spellcheck on-the-fly with instantly created vocabularies
	mean that XY is faster than most programs.
	 Not writing with odd charcters about 13th century Belgian
	peasants (before Belgium), I find that the English set is
	good. I had hopes for Describe the tri-platform (OS/2, Win3.1,
	WinNT) wordprocessor and its 14 languages modes, but it doesn't
	work as cleanly as Xy despite The Herb Tyson's involvement
	with Describe.
					-------- dsay@xxxxxxxx