Re: XY on tiny screen

At 03:45 AM 6/25/2008, you wrote:
My quest for ultraportability has now led me to the Fujitsu U810, which has a 5.6" screen at 1024x600......So this seems likely to lead to TAMEDos, which I haven't used on my last few computers. Does one of the TAME experts--Michael, Harry?--have a preferred version of TAME and a settings file that work with XP Pro SP2 and don't introduce all sorts of additional glitches?
I'll send you 5.1 Pre7 offlist and the .tam setting file I use. There
are a few "glitches" however, artifacts and anomalies I just live
with. To lose them when they appear, I just leave the window then
return. These A&A's may or may not be present in the current version
of TAME (6), which I have not tested. Harry is more au courant in
TAME iterations -- and he has worked with the menus extensively. BTW,
once again I'm trying to "work" in NB (8i). If you follow Robert's
screen-video tutorial, you can strip it down to a XY-like
installation, keep your XY .kbd and get any font you want.
Michael Norman