Re: Italic mode in Xy III DOS

Dear Mimi,
   I would suggest asking your correspondent what "mode" command he uses
for italics, and then replacing all  with that. What does the XY4
filter do to  when you save a file as XY3, I wonder?
   Anyway, you can intervene in expanded mode after saving the file in
your own preferred format. If your colleague only uses underlining, no
italics, you can just change all the italics to . Of course, if
there was any distinction between italics and underlining in your original
document, that would go by the wayside, too.

Cheers,
Carlo

P.S. My copy of XY3 uses MDBR for italics. I guess I must have made that
choice, but it's so many years ago that I had assumed it was a defualt!

Carlo Caballero, Ph.D.
College of Music
Campus Box 301
The University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309

thyrsus@xxxxxxxx

"Let's face it: dead people are busier than ever."