Re: Signature

At 07:40 AM 9/28/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Robert - I have a set of the old Signature disks. Do you need anything
>in particular from them?
>
>I too squirrel everything away. Why, I even have my XwWrite III 5.25
>inch floppies and the keyboard for a PCjr.
>
>Steve Crutchfield

Steve - All I need are the DLL files required for running the PCLEX
foreign-language spelling dictionaries downloaded from the IBM site that
Robert Holmgren pointed us to a few days ago.

To get these means installing Signature, so far as I can see. Or at any
rate it means having all of the disks at hand. When I tried to unzip the
ZIP files on the three disks I dug out of my box of discards, I got an
error message that they're part of a multi-disk file and the contents are
listed in a file that's not available.

Many thanks for your offer, but forget it. Retrieving the files is a very
tedious chore. Out of the question. If Jon Huber is willing to send me the
whole works, that's fine. And then if anyone wants the four DLL files I'm
looking for, once I've fished them out, I'll have them at hand. They add up
to c. 200K.

Yeah, I've held on to my XyWrite 3+ floppies too. But as I remember it, on
the day I installed XyW 4, I gleefully tossed Signature into the can. Only
those 3 disks survived.

Regards,

Robert Hemenway