Re: OS/2 Warp + XyWrite 4.0 + Orbis

In article <62642.jgordon@xxxxxxxx>,
"John Gordon"  wrote:
| On Fri, 27 Jan 1995 06:26:53 +0900, | | G'dday XyWriters and
a belated Happy New Year to all.
| | I was one of the original posters on the problem Dan K. now
seems to be | having with Orbis and XyW 4. I still haven't
solved the problem on my | laptop but my office machine now
shows no sign of it. Here's what happened:

That's interesting since the problem I'm having is on a laptop.
I was hoping that upgrading to Warp would solve the problem but
it didn't. I do have suspend/resume disabled since that doesn't
work under OS/2 (not a general problem with OS/2, I don't think,
but one with my laptop--a
Gateway ColorBook).

The ColorBook has some other quirks under OS/2. One of the more
annoying problems is getting the ColorBook system-setup screen on
random instances of hitting the "s" key in certain DOS programs
(like NJStar) or sometimes at the DOS prompt itself.
Fortunately, this problem doesn't appear with XyDOS. Upgrading
the ColorBook's BIOS didn't solve this problem either.

So I've ordered a ThinkPad as a replacement (I also need a larger
hard disk and buffered I/O). I guess I'll see if Orbis will work
any better with the ThinkPad.

Dan Kanagy     Work: wordwise@xxxxxxxx    Play:
dkanagy@xxxxxxxx
Tokyo, Japan