Re: Stack question

Robert,

Clearing the stack did seem to cure my "hint" problem. But it may be that I didn't RTFM, because STACK.DOC says: "The Hint substring (instring) may occur anywhere within a previously-Stacked command" and the "d" I was using did appear in se /gt,ld/
Re up vs. down in the stack, changing the order of CU and $D in s/g 621
does not seem to affect the order of retrieval, even after LH-ing,
quitting Xy, and re-entering.

I cleared the stack, then did a "countdown" of 5-4-3-2-1, followed by (for
a kind of separator) dir. Using STACKAUX I, I see on my screen:
dir
1
2
3
4
5

Since this is the way I conceptualize a stack, what I see makes perfect
sense, intuitively: 1 (the most recent command) is at the top of the numbers. But then, even with s/g set at $D CU, I find that to unstack my way from 1 to 2 to 3 to ... I have to hit UP, despite it's being visually and conceptually DOWN.
Continuing to look a gift horse in the mouth, I remain,

Your humble & obedient servant,
Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx