Re: Command Stack for Xy 3.56?

≪ I seem to lack the command stack gene myself. ≫	--a

≪ I've found the stack very useful in one situation: programming. I have to
 repeat a cycle of steps 500 times in debugging a program. E.g., edit the XPL
 file, save it, load it to an @-key, test it. Just being able to avoid
 retyping one of them, such as
 ldpm myprog.pgm,a
 500 times is very welcome. Or do you avoid the retyping some other way? ≫

I have files named !t in any subdir where I need one. My ShAlt T key runs
!t, which starts with {ex} unless I'm using it. It's my test xpl, used to
test subroutines and experimental stuff generally. When I'm debugging, it
often starts with
	run !new_xpl_file_I'm_working_on {pv00}
Instead of zapping !t when I'm done with the current project, I just add
a new {ex} to the top and when !t gets too long I rename it and start a
new one. It's useful sometimes for reference.

I have a lot of little (unrelated) utilities like that that I think
eliminate the need for a command stack.

I didn't mean to step on your toes, Harry, duping your answer to Myron's
question. Didn't read your reply till after I'd posted mine.

≪ BTW do you (or anyone else) use the debugger facility that comes with
Xy4? ≫

Never tried it myself. 		--a