Re: Win-style undo?

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Mon, 14 Jun 1999 04:04:16 +0000

> If your
> original file is called MYFILE.TXT, running SAB repeatedly creates
> backup copies named MYFI_TXT.001, MYFI_TXT.002, and so on -- up to a
> maximum of 999 backups. Backups are located in the same directory
> as the original file (i.e., are easy to find).

Pursuing Carl's comments on SAVEBAK, to SEarch the resulting set of backups
(UNDOs) for a $tring such as "Anapestic Meter", you'd issue a command like this
(assume backups are in current directory):

 se myfi_txt.*|anapestic meter|
or
 sea myfi_txt.*|Anapestic Meter|

Similarly, to SEarch all of the RuboutDelete Manager's accumulated archives of
deleted scraps of text, you'd command:

 se clipbd.xy,archive.rd,arch_rd.*|anapestic meter|

For a complete summary of the SE[[B]A]rch and CH|I[A]nge options, command
"HELP SE".

If you use STACK, you might want to pre-load this command (or the boilerplate
part of it anyway) in the stack for use in each session via Startup.Int, with:

 ≪SV627,[Ascii-190]Mse clipbd.xy,archive.rd,arch_rd.*||[func CL]≫[func $S]

or alternatively just dedicate a key to it:

 nn=NOBCs,e, ,c,l,i,p,b,d,.,x,y,CO,a,r,c,h,i,v,e,.,r,d,CO,a,r,c,h,_,r,d,.,*,|,|,CL

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx