Re Running Xy3+ under windows xp - aarrgghhh!

Might Jordan be thinking of Volkswriter? Colleague of mine at the EFA was
using that well into the hegemony of Weird. And yes, Jordan is perfectly
right about the problems of LEWP, with its non-DOS file format. Esp. on a
two-floppy, no hard drive system. But it could print case fractions on a
9-pin dot matrix. Was a tad shocked when I got Xy and found it didn't,
out of the box. But the DM (an Epson RX 80, and was that a workhorse!)
had great docs, and I was able to create one-half and one-quarter case
fractions in graphics mode and insert them in the printer file's
substitution tables--first essay at tweaking Xy.
	The LE PCs (mine was one of the last Mitsubishi-made ones, before LE
switched to Daewoo) had pretty good hardware for their vintage. Mine
could still boot when I finally took it to recycling years after it had
outlived its usefulness.
Patricia