Email and XyWrite

Harry wrote:
>Eudora keeps its messages in plain ASCII (Dos text), and I suspect Outlook does, too. Every day I use Xy to edit Eudora mailbox files >(they are files ending in .mbx). Eudora is robust and forgiving, not finicky. For instance, in Xy I just made a new file named test.mbx >and typed in the following:
>From ???@??? Tue Jun 11 18:46:00 2002
>Hello there sports fans.
>Harry
>Then I saved it in Xy and opened Eudora. There appeared a new mailbox called "test" and the message was there. You do need the >first line, however, with the strange ???@??? etc.
Yes, I use Eudora and can manipulate the INCOMING emails without any
problems. The question which is bugging me (see my mail a couple of days
ago) is how to get OUTGOING emails into Eudora. The straightforward system
of creating a mailbox from XyWrite described by Harry does not create a
sendable email.
I know why but not what to do to fix it: The secret lies in the TOC file
(Table Of Contents?) created by Eudora for the mailbox. It is here that
there are a number of flags indicating various statuses (stati?) of the
email, including whether it is outgoing, queued for sending etc. There is a
balls-aching explanation on the net (apologies to the brilliant people who
decoded it, no insult intended, it is just inevitable with something as
complex as this sort of file, my eyes glaze over as soon as I see mention
of offsets ...)
There is a workaround, I suppose. You create your new mbx file in XyWrite
as per Harry then you can forward the mail. But I return to my original
post a couple of days ago: is there now a straightforward way of emailing
from XyWin? What is XYSHELL SENDMAIL? And shouldn't something happen when
you use SEND TO in XyWin?

Paul