Re: old fashion, Peter Evans

Creative, like beauty is in the eyes of the
beholder ... in this instance, most of the time,
the beholder is the artist him/herself. I know as
I'm proud of the XYWRITE use that allows me to
create my web site, but as far as some people
think, it is NOT very creative - to each his
own!!!
Dick Giering

Peter Evans wrote:

> Morris Krok:

 Now with the computer, > > the scanner, lazer and colour
 printers and of > > course, the wonderful word processing
 language > > of XyWrite we can all consciously create > > and
 emulate the geniuses of classical > > thinking.
> > This is technological determinism run riot. Letters, spreadsheets, > corporate profiles, etc., may be produced more quickly, more prettily, or > maybe even freer of errors than thirty years ago, but I haven't noticed any > additional literary or verbal creativity that's attributable to the word > processor. And while the scanner is a very handy tool (I have and use one > myself), I don't see it as at all creative. Am I overlooking something? > > >
 Our search should be for > > that single thought that is so
 profoundly all > > encompassing that it will reverberate around
 the > > ethers of the world for aeons to come.
> > I humbly proffer my single thought of the day: "Eschew simplistic > pseudo-solutions to complex problems." > > >
 I am old fashion guy who > > prefers dos to windows.