Comparisons

The January issue of Computer User (a free computer tabloid)
contained a letter that ran, in part:
≪Maybe I am antediluvian for still using XyWrite III+, but you know
what? It loads in a blink. I can write a whole paragraph while MSWord is
still getting its act together--which consists mostly of (to me) useless
frills. (I did use MSW once in an office. It inspired homicial thoughts
Gatesward.)≫

Elsewhere in the same issue was a review of the latest iteration of
Office, which praised it with faint damns. The reviewer allowed as how
"MSWord now has the ability to display documents side by side on the
screen, comparing and finding the differences between the two in the
process." Big Deal. XyW has been doing that for as long as I can
remember--back to III something.
Patricia