Re: sound with Xy on windows machine

Earlier someone mentioned looking at the volume control to make sure it's not muted. However, there's another Windows setting to look at. If you *double-click* the volume control in the Windows system tray, you'll get a thing that looks like a simplified recording studio sound board. This allows you to *individually control* volume levels for various sound sources. The slider on the far right is for "PC Beep."

--Timothy Olson
TLO@xxxxxxxx
(630) 784-5327

>>> "J. R. Fox"  07/17/03 02:52PM >>>
Emery Snyder wrote:

> Seems to be some odd interaction between Xy and Win2k; I'm using
> XyWin, so it's not even a problem with DOS boxes. The error beeps
> came through fine in Win98SE.

The determining test would be to see if some other DOS ( or Win-16 ?)
app.s that can "sound off" via error beeps to the system speaker still do

so under W2K.

I've seldom had any luck with the Windows Knowledge Base -- guess the
questions I come up with are too esoteric. (Example: How might one
temporarily turn off the 'Found New Hardware' Wizard ?) Since this
seems to be an important item to Patricia, she may have to take this to
Win
newsgroups, or some of the better Win technical columnists. I may have
a few nominations re the latter, if needed.

Jordan