RE: XyWrite on an old laptop?

Heck, I used to run XyWrite III on a PCjr with one 5.25 floppy drive.

To Jim Boris....

Check out the XyWWWeb site (or whatever it's called, I forget at the
moment). They have a link to something called "XyLite", which gives
you a bare-bones version of XyWrite suitable to use on
"capability-constrained" computers.

Another tip: if you can live without some of the ancillary files, you
can get a pretty compact implementation of XyWrite by simply deleting
the unnecessary files. If you don't need the Help files, you can
delete them and save 1 meg of disk space. Ditto for the import/export
filters. Just be sure you tweak your settings.dfl and startup.int
files to remove references to deleted files.

Steve Crutchfield

≪< Frank Heydenrych  5/22 3:54p ≫>
XyWrite will cook on that machine. I used to run it on a 286 portable
and it was great!