Re: File conversion question: XY-4

For Robert H and Rene:

I just tried a massive RTF conversion (the whole DLG file!) to RTF, with NO
problems. My version of the DLG file -- highly customized, I admit, but I
don't think I've messed with the code that initializes 1201 -- DOES initialize
Save/Get 1201 properly, with the name of the filter ("Microsoft Rich Text
PC"). This leaves a couple of possibilities:

1. TTG has messed with the code.
2. TTG has messed with the file it builds on installation (textout.flt) that
assigns filter files when you select a filter from the list.

The phrase "Microsoft Rich Text PC" is contained in the textout.flt listing,
followed by some spaces, a tab, the filter filename, and a version indicator.
All this information is parsed within the DLG routines and fed to XyWrite and
DOS to perform the conversion. The actual entry in textout.flt is:
Microsoft Rich Text PC       --W4W19T /V0p

Now, here's another solution that bypasses the menus altogether. Attached is a
program called rtfout.pgm. With the file you want converted on-screen, you
just type on the command line: Run rtfout.pgm,newfilename.ext and press Enter.
See the program annotations for hints on modifying it to use other filters.

Cheers,
Tim "Spaghetti" Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx

XyWrite XPL program