Re: File conversion question: XY-4

Tim Baehr:
>Renee -

Umm...only one e, and with an accent egu -- I'm male. (Never mind,
people get this wrong all the time.)

>I suspect your dlg file has become corrupted, your filter files have been
>moved / deleted or the default in XY4 that points to them is wrong, or that
>TTG has been screwing around with the code. I've never had trouble with >SaveAs

But in that case, conversion wouldn't work at all, right? In my case,
it works -- just not right off the bat. I have to save the XY4 file once,
open a new file, and import the original one. It seems like XY4 refuses
to accept that it, in fact, creates XYwrite files. Weird.

>and a filter. VN\737 is merely the front end of a message "Converting to ",
>and the missing SX value is the name of the target format. Type va/nv ww on
>the command line and press Enter. The result should be the subdirectory of
>your filter files. That location should have w4w19t.exe, the conversion
>filter file for going to RTF.

The subdirectory is there, and so is the w4w19t.exe file.

--Rene
--Support the anti-spam amendment. Join at http://www.cauce.org/
--Spam from ultra-mail, bizprom, ultramax, ascella, eom, regulus etc?
--They all reside at ACSI.NET. ACSI=Spamhaus. Phone: 1-888-398-ACSI