Re: URGENT--features for "XyWrite 5," replies needed

Jay,

It is already there, and it is free. The solution is the vDosPlus XyWrite installer (http://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/vDosPlus501_Setup.zip). The new Xy 5 may prove to be a good program, but it will hardly be totally compatible with, say, Xy 4. Instead, what I least hope for are new features like Unicode and more flexible memory support. I would think that the integration is now as good as it can get. So it would be foolish to ignore what we have accomplished in the vDosPlus solution. It is the most compatible and easiest solution for running the real thing.

Windows hosts are supported from W2K to Windows 10, different solutions exist on the Mac platform (Boxer, Boot Camp, Parallels Desktop or Oracle VirtualBox).

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

I just found this email, and am quite interested in getting a version of XyWrite that works as the old XyWrite worked in Dos.  I was expert in Xy 4 with xpl but gave it up due to the impossibility of integrating it in my always changing work environments that were always changing (Mac, then Windows, etc.).