Re: Xymode NB or NBX screenshots web page

Harry,

It think XY refers to spatial coordinates, so logically both letters should be present. The original idea was to be able to fill the blank page by giving appropriate commands in both directions in a simple way. As XY was present in XyQuest and XyWrite, it might be worth preserving as a historical reference. (Another candidate could be XW which has been also used). But I would suggest: NB-XY (which could be interpreted as NB's XY mode), the hyphen stresses the double nature of it and pays respect to NB's true origins.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

XyModeNB
Xmode NB
XyNB
XNB
NBX
NBXy

Using XyNB or NBXy has the virtue of intelligibility, but will be meaningless to the non-XyWrite world (if we care about them).

"NBX" is the most natural and falls most trippingly off the tongue.