Late Reply #1

#10077: RH: "Did you install OS/2 yet?"

Ummm, no. Still using the c. 1989 '386/20 rig (with the very-nearly-full 150
meg. H/D), but I've just about finalized my research on the system I'll be
ordering shortly after the new year. Despite your astute comments re the Power
PC chip vs. the Pentium's cloudy future (and the super-impressive demo I saw at
Comdex in which the former was kicking the latter's butt) I think I'm going to
play it conservative and go with a system based on the P5/90. Anyway, a few
months back I bought a "used" but unopened full OS/2 2.11 on CD-ROM for $50.
This has the advantage of being complete and seamless, and I can tell myself
that I did not directly give nickel one to Bill G. Now all I need is the CD
player and jumbo H/D that will be part of the new system.  Whatever new bells
& whistles WARP may have to offer I doubt will be of great importance to me, at
least for a considerable while. But I am interested to read your mention that
it should be possible to just transfer the new drivers and WARP stuff over to
an existing 2.11 setup. OTOH, if there is soon to be a heftier WARP, with
integral WIN32 code, and if the upgrade cost proves reasonable, it's no big
deal.