ot: system restore or clonezilla or ghost or image restoration

I was talking to Norman Bauman about using System Restore to alleviate the problem of virus infection or malware.  When I find I have a virus or other form of malware, I go to system restore and restore to a date one week after the most recent reinstallation of windows when there was nothing wrong with the computer.  I store my windows programs on c: and dos programs and my data on e:  so far this has not required reinstallation of the window programs that I used.programs   Is this a good way to eliminate the effect of a virus or other malware.

Norman had been using Ghost, and now uses clonezilla to restore the whole drive after infection by malware.  He asked if anone has any thoughts on his procedure for avoiding malware.

avromf@xxxxxxxx or af413@xxxxxxxx