Re: Running xywrite and wordperfect 5.1 for dos in windows 7

There has been extensive discussion of USB printing under Xy here for the past several years. (Robert will have a fit is he sees someone asking this yet again. Cool off, Robert; I'll handle it though it may take some time.)

Three essential things are
1. The printer must support a language Xy "speaks"; that means HP PCL or PostScript.
2. On the other hand, with PostGhost (part of  U2), any printer can be a PostScript printer (from W2K up; not on W9x).
3. USB to parallel adapters can be problematic, even in Windows. That is, the HP LaserJet printer I was trying to use with a "new" (hnd-me-down) XP box at the office had only a parallel connector, and the PC had no parallel, but only USB connectors. I tried using an adaptor, but it wouldn't print, even under Windows. Fortunately, there was a newer HP DeskJet with a USB port that wasn't being used, so I installed that.

Once I copy Xy on that system, I will refresh my memory on USB printing and repeat the tractate. Right now I must partition the hard drive. I will not put my data in the same partition with my opsys and apps: Tartarus can freeze over first. One of the dumbest things people do with their computers.