printer code page

Dear all, but probably Carl

Do I have any control over the codepage that is used when printing using the VdosPlus printer files?
I have a modified version of XY4 that writes files in CP1252 so that they can be read directly by windows programs such as Notabene or Wordpad (more or less, anyway; there are one or two characters that do not transfer properly). However if I try to print directly from XY4 in VdosPlus, then the translation is not accurate. I can of course revert to standard XY4 but there are some advantages to using the CP1252 version and I would like to stick with it if possible. But that means printing with CP1252, or at least with CP850.

Paul