RE: OT: Win-10 Updates

I think your experience with prior versions of Windows has caused you to fear what might happen in W10. I think the problems you mention are almost non-existent in W10. If some small functional glitch does appear, a windows update will always pop up, usually within a day to fix it.

Note: Attempting to cherry-pick individual updates can actually cause more problems than it will fix.

Microsoft plans to keep W10 around for many years to come and release most new features twice a year. And, even better, it has a huge worldwide audience of beta testers for future releases in the form of subscribers to the Windows Insider Program.

I am one of them and I have signed up for the most advanced versions of their Insider releases are very stable; and for the last couple of years, very few problems have popped up. – Additionally, they have developed a feedback program for both regular users and Insiders to report problems and also make suggestions for future user functionality. The entire thing is searchable and readable by anyone opening the feedback utility to read, upvote or add additional comments. Even better, The W10 developers take the comments seriously and act on them.

The bottom line here is that you don’t make your W10 environment better by avoiding updates, you will actually weaken it.

Hope this helps alleviate your skepticism.

Phil White

Sent from Mail for Windows 10