OED lookup, again

Dear Carl

I don't know if you can help as this concerns Robert's OED lookup routine, but I have a (very) small issue. If I use a keyboard shortcut to lookup a word (after placing the cursor on the word) and OED has not been started, the OED routine does, indeed, start the program but it does not insert the word and instead leaves a stray "GoXY" dos window open. The solution, of course, is to start OED first and then lookup a word, but sometimes I forget. You may not have the OED, but if you do, is there a simple way of getting the routine to open OED cleanly if it is not already open?

Thanks

Paul