Re: OED lookup, again

Reply to note from "Paul Breeze"
Mon, 30 Dec 2019 15:29:24 +0000

Paul:

> I don't know if you can help as this concerns Robert's OED lookup
> routine, but I have a (very) small issue.  If I use a keyboard
> shortcut to lookup a word (after placing the cursor on the word)
> and OED has not been started, the OED routine does, indeed, start
> the program but it does not insert the word and instead leaves a
> stray "GoXY" dos window open.

I'm taking a stab in the dark, but you might try this: In your OED
program folder, locate the file OED2.DAT and copy it to the root
directory of C:. Any other valid drive should work, too, but C: will be
fastest because it's searched first. The key is to locate OED2.DAT in a
*root* directory.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx