Re: otvdm and XyWrite

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger <hb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Thu, 02 Jan 2020
11:55:32 -0500

> I read the whole page before doing anything, but only now do I
> grasp an implication: otvdm is for Windows programs, not DOS
> programs.

HNY, Harry! Actually, the OTVDM readme/webpage says that it "can also
run DOS executables (DOS emulator-like)." So trying to use it to run
EDITOR.EXE seems reasonable to me. I did, and got the same result as
you. Installing the HAXM driver -- see OTVDM.INI for the download link
-- produced a different (more graceful) failure. Bottom line, though, I
was not able to launch XyWrite or any of the other DOS programs I
tried.

OTVDM does run XyWin nicely, although, like Dave Garwood, I can't get
it to print. (Not that I tried hard; I never really got along with
XyWrite for Windows.)

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx