Re: otvdm and XyWrite

And (this is NOT addressed to Dave Garwood, who is using otvdm as it’s intended to be used), just a reminder: anyone who is interested in using otvdm should read at least the first paragraph of this page:

http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/otvdm.html
I read the whole page before doing anything, but only now do I grasp an implication: otvdm is for Windows programs, not DOS programs. Since NTVDM allows running DOS programs on (pre-64 bit) Windows, I thought of XyWrite as running on Windows.

But now I see that running on Windows is not the same as being a Windows program.

Thanks for your patience,
Harry
Columbia Grad Fac '73