Re: OT: re Acronis & Win-10

Thanks, Phillip.

I mostly continue to use the 2012 or 2015 Acronis self-booting
disk solutions, partly because they are being used on older
hardware, and I am pretty familiar with them.

Speaking of to-other-hardware transfers, I had this project for
someone else which was all about doing that.  My initial attempts
with the appropriate Acronis module resulted in some
approaching-it-but-not-quite results.  (This was from an XP rig,
where the hardware was starting to flake out, and will in due
course fail altogether.  It has some very particular apps in it that
can never be reinstalled to a fresh Windows, for various reasons.
I was endeavoring to transplant that XP installation to an a-few-
years-older but reliable computer.  Not older enough to pose serious issues, I thought.  If /when this eventually succeeds, the
new computer will not be on the Internet, so there should not be
a security exposure.)

The end result was that the new computer would not boot --
*except in Safe Mode, which is not very useful.*  So, WHAT .
. . drivers ?   Then I ran out of time, and need to revisit this.
I read some comments previously posted here, about how to
approach this task.  I was using an Acronis image that was made
before the original hardware's deterioration became more acute.
So, I probably can't (or shouldn't) go back and make a new
image, at this point.  The answers may be in the Acronis
documentation, whichI need to study in far greater detail.  It
would seem that doing this is not exactly easy.

I know there are other products that claim to be able to
accomplish this.  Laplink PC Mover is one of them.

   Jordan