Re: OEDD not switching focus

Reply to note from "Paul Breeze" Fri, 24 Jan 2020 17:50:15 +0000

> A little more research has revealed that I do not have an up to
> date version of OEDD.A3X in my XY4 file.  It turns out that avast
> thinks it is malware and is sending it to its virus chest every
> time I try to copy it into the directory.  I have set up and
> exception for the XY4 directory and we seem to be working properly
> again.

Paul, this is interesting. It's well-known that even harmless AutoIt
scripts compiled as Windows EXEcutables set off antivirus alarms. I had
never heard, though, that the same can happen with scripts compiled as
.A3X files. That's just as well: better safe than sorry, eh?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx