keyboard questions

I have been trying to use  a northgate omnikey plus keyboard with xywrite. it's on a second
computer. I use xywrite (4) successfully with an omnikey ultra keyboard and the same keyboard file
on my primary computer.

obviously the plus doesn't have the row of SF keys that the ultra does.

but it does have F13 through F15 keys, and I would very much like to program them in the keyboard
file for various chores.
but I cannot find any keys in my keyboard file to get a rise out of these three function keys.

I'm a longtime xy user (since mid 1980's), but not very savvy technically.

hoping someone can give me some advice. the plus keyboard otherwise works beautifully with my
existing keyboard file.

in other news, two avant stellar keyboards with SF keys seem to no longer work well with my xywrite:
 SF keys don't load and can't get out of CAPSā¬¦.but maybe save this mystery for
another time unless there's a simple fix.  thanks for any help.

tom horton  410 726 7282