Re: PrintFilePrinter rewritten

Kari and Paul and anyone else interested,
I've fixed the non-starting bug that Kari found, and I've made the tray icon a separate script so that the Information menu won't get in the way of processing files. I've also made the program more reliable in general, I hope.
Kari, if you specify the output file as something like PDF.PS or
PDFanything.PS, etc., then the PDF should be written to the destkop, not
to the %TEMP% folder (which is what happens if you specify PDFTEMP.PS).
This wasn't working reliably before, but I hope it's working reliably now.
I'm not sure I understand what you (Kari) are asking for about the PDF
files created by the program. I think you are asking for an option that
allows something like this:
You type a print command in XyWin, and the current document is printed
to a PDF named something like:

C:\Path\To\A\Folder\PDFoutput.pdf
Or ar you simply asking to write to the desktop folder but with a default name like PDFoutput.pdf?

Is that right?
And then, are you asking for an option to number the output files incrementally, something like this:

C:\Path\To\A\Folder\PDF0003.PDF
C:\Path\To\A\Folder\PDF0004.PDF
Now, on a related point, if you want to specify the name and path of the output PDF file, you can already do that by writing a Save/Get that performs the steps described in the last paragraph of the page about this system. Briefly, your macro should tell XyWrite to create a plain text file named PDFNAME.TMP in the watched folder with the full path that you want to use for your PDF; then print the current document to a print file named D:\Path\To\Watched\Folder\PDF.PS (or something similar).

Here's the download page again:

http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/printfileprinter.html