Re: PrintFilePrinter rewritten

Kari, Paul, and anyone interested:
Thanks to Kari's suggestions, I've made some changes in PrintFilePrinter. First, I fixed the inattentive error on my part that caused the "Files missing" error. Also, I should have said earlier that these new versions will work with watched folders that already have a lot of files in them, but I don't recommend using it that way.
Next, I've reworked the method that saves a PDF to the desktop. Now, by
default, the PDF saved to the desktop is named TEMP0000.PDF. If I've
done my scripting correctly (never something I can be sure of), the next
PDF that you save to the desktop will be named TEMP0001.PDF. If you've
deleted some of these numbered filenames, the next one that you save
will have a number one higher than the highest-number one that is
already there. If you remove all the files, the next one will be named
TEMP0000.PDF.
But this isn't all. If you specify in your printer driver that the
output file should be named something like:

PDF-XYWN.PS

then the files written to the desktop will be named

XYWN0000.PDF etc.
The first letters of the output filename will match the letters that follow "PDF-" in the printfile name; this will only work if the printfile name begins with "PDF-".
I have not done this for the option that creates a file in the %TEMP%
files, in the hope that it isn't needed, and because it would slow down
the output. But I can do it if needed.

Same download page:

http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/printfileprinter.html