Re: XyWin-specific installation instructions/package

Edward,
You are right. All the possibilities are there, and choosing one way of installing the package may seem too limiting, but after a while, very few people know how to put a working setup together. And given some time, the compatible set of files gets lost, etc. The process should render a setup that works out of the box and preserves a workable archive of the solution. Some kind of virtual appliance. Maybe not the best, but at least something usable at a later date.

The sad truth is that ’tout passe, tout casse, tout lasse.’

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
In fact, anyone should be able to use XyWin with only two things: otvdm (perhaps installed from my Otvdm Installer) and XyWin itself (perhaps installed from my XyWin installer). XyWin can print to many Windows printer drivers, like the default driver for my LaserJet, and it can print to PDFs using the Bullzip PDF Printer or similar PDF printers.