Re: XyWrite for windows

Phil,
Go to: http://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/utility.html and to the section OTVDM/WINEVDM there. It lists all the needed components. Download the 3 direct downloads from Edward Mendelson, read his instructions carefully, and install the components: OTVDM, XyWin installer and PrintFilePrinter.
In OTVDM.INI you can finetune the fonts your XyWin program sees by
enabling or disabling fonts from your Windows host setup. You do this in
the EnumFontLimitation section:

[EnumFontLimitation]
Algerian=0
Prestige=1
Now Algerian does not show in the XW font list, and Prestige (a monospaced font that I have installed on the host system) shows in it.
To set up vDosPlus XyWrite kind of printer handling, go to the
PrintFilePrinter instruction page. There are specific instructions for
setting this up in Win 10 (bottom of page):
http://www.columbia.edu/%7Eem36/printfileprinter.html
All this has been made easy thanks to the efforts of our friend Edward
and the underlying technology from a Japanese guy named otya128. Kudos
to these perseverant individuals!

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)