Re: XyWrite for Windows

Everything Kari says is right, but you'll only t need the third item, the PrintFilePrinter system, if your Windows printer driver doesn't work with XyWrite and you can't find an alternate Windows printer driver that works correctly.
I can print from XyWin to most of the printer drivers that I have
installed on my Windows 10 system, but not to one of the drivers that
works with my actual printer. (XyWin displays an error message saying
there's a problem with the Windows driver; use a XyWrite driver
instead.) In that situation, the PrintFilePrinter would be useful. It's
also useful if you want to create PDF files automatically, without being
prompted for a filename, and a few other purposes. But you don't need to
install it if everything works correctly without it.
The two things you will need are the OTVDM setup and the XyWin
installer. PrintFileToPrinter is entirely optional.